Salutations! It is I, Isadora Duncan, the Mother of modern dance. I have captivated audiences for years in the United States as a young adult and showcased throughout Europe once I was more seasoned. My ingenious, free-flowing, and innovated style of Modern Dance was ground breaking and the first of it's kind. I aspired to establish schools that teach new forms of movement in dance, and inspire young people to be original and eccentric. I have achieved that by establishing beautiful and successful schools in France, Russia, and Germany. Rather than uptight, restricting, and to be frank- ugly, classic ballet movements my schools embrace the natural movement of the body and loving yourself, others, and most importantly the art that is dance! Speaking of love: my love life is quite zesty and often spoken about in the press, but what’s life with out a little controversy? Well, I’m off to inspire the youth of today, Ta-ta!

3/22/10

Artifact One

DANCE-THEATER REVIEW; The Life and Art of the Woman Who Put the Modern in Modern Dance

Above is an article of a quite lovely article from The New York Times reviewing a modern adaptation of my work and life as an artist. I'd say the young lady who portrayed me did an exceptionally adequate job, but nothing is ever as good as the real thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment